30 Questions to Ask Your Overseas Manufacturer
When it comes to finding the right overseas manufacturer, it’s all about asking the right questions. You need to first find options, and that all starts with referrals and recommendations. Once you have a list of manufacturers to contact, you need to ask them the right questions to make sure you get the product you want and that you choose the right manufacturer to get it to you.
There’s a lot of ambiguity and confusion that can go along with working with an overseas manufacturer, so we’ve put together a checklist of 30 questions to ask your overseas manufacturer and the source recommending them
Questions to Ask People Who are Recommending a Manufacturer:
- How many orders have you placed with them?
- How often do you use them?
- Do they deliver on what they promise?
- Was any of the shipment wrong or defective?
- Was everything made to specifications?
- Did you have any problems with them and if so, were they good with resolving them?
- Do they use quality products?
- Are they easy to work with?
- Is it easy to contact them?
- What types of products have you ordered from them?
- Do they specialize in any specific goods?
- Did they have any hidden fees or unexpected charges?
- Do they handle all the laws and customs associated with working with an overseas manufacturer?
- What types of companies do they work with?
- Would you recommend them to everyone?
Questions to Ask the Manufacturers
- What is your minimum order quantity?
- What is your turnaround time?
- What are the payment terms?
- Are the payment terms negotiable?
- Will I receive a discount if I pay in advance
- What are the total costs?
- What is the price per unit?
- What is the price of samples and what are the sample terms?
- Can I get an itemized list of costs?
- Are there any other fees like delivery fees or fuel chargers?
- Can you give me proof of insurance?
- What happens if you don’t meet our agreement?
- What types of materials are being used?
- What other companies have hired you?
- How do you control quality?
Using this checklist of questions will help you find the right overseas manufacture.. The more questions you ask upfront, the better likelihood of avoiding issues down the road. Click here to learn more about how to effectively manufacture your product overseas and questions to ask your manufacturer.